Since 1985, The Cottage School/Educational Resource Center has provided opportunities for academic success.
Fully accredited by SAIS/SACS and GAC, The Cottage School’s traditional middle and high school programs are supplemented by its Educational Resource Center (ERC), which offers tutorial and support programs for all ages at our North Fulton campus. Talented educators bring invaluable experience in prescriptive programming, research-based techniques and a passion for helping students achieve their goals.
Students experiencing difficulty in their current schools receive the individualized attention needed to master general academic skills, as well as specific subject matter. In addition, students with ADHD, dyslexia, or other learning differences receive specialized assistance tailored to individual needs.
Students wishing to increase skills in math and reading receive the remediation required to improve their performance through One-on-One Tutoring. Through the HS Summer School, the After School for HS Credit, or the CAPstone programs, The Cottage School/Educational Resource Center offers students opportunities to earn credits required for high school graduation.
The nationally acclaimed WorkKeys® program provides a thorough career assessment that assists teens and adults in selecting successful career paths.
Summer School Options: MS Enrichment; HS for Credit: Online or On-Campus
MS Summer School
Summer School for Middle School students offers a three-week opportunity to sharpen academic skills before school starts.
- Mon-Fri., 8 a.m. to 12:30.
- June 10-June 28; $300 week.
- $75 application fee for students not currently enrolled at TCS.
- Focus is to reiterate and enhance Math and English skills.
- In addition a one-week enrichment session focusing on English and Math review is scheduled for July 29-August 2.
For more information, please contact Julie Crudgington 770/640-8037. Middle School Classes must have a minimum of four students to be scheduled. Sign up early!
Online Summer School for High School Credit
The High School Online Summer Program offers subjects in the academic core curriculum, providing an opportunity for students to earn one semester (.5 Carnegie Unit) or two semesters. (1 Carnegie Unit) credit.
- Tuition: $800 per session
- Application Fee: $75.00
Beginning June, 2013, The Cottage School will offer High School level courses online in Math, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies and Modern Foreign Language for both Credit Recovery as well as Accelerated Learning.
Additionally, courses will be offered on a Middle School level for remediation or skill strengthening.
The online program is fully accredited by SACS and provides each student with a one-to-one instructor via internet, cell phone or other electronic device.
High School applicants must first obtain School Counselor Approval for the course(s) the student desires to enroll. Middle School students will be encouraged to obtain a similar approval if the course is being taken for remediation for a course the student was not previously successful in passing.
- Students are limited to no more than 1 Carnegie Unit of study through the Summer School Program.
- Students may take two .5 Carnegie units of study in two different classes (usually in the case of a credit recovery situation) or 1 Carnegie Unit of study in a new course such as Geometry, Spanish I or other course of study in the area of Mathematics, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies or Foreign Language.
- There also are opportunities for High School students to enroll in AP classes. Since the AP exam will not be taken until the following May; however, AP Enrolled students will not be restricted to the traditional summer school schedule and may extend their enrollment in any AP semester to a total period of 26 weeks per semester course.
The Advantage of TCS’ Online Program provides the students maximum flexibility in scheduling classes. There is no need to change planned vacation times, change work schedules, or camp experiences. Each course is available 24/7 throughout the traditional summer school schedule.
Students/parents interested in the TCS Online Summer School Program should do the following:
- Contact Joe Digieso at 678-250-5100 or email@example.com and request a School Counselors Approval Form. Courses in which the student desires to enroll must be approved by the School Counselor before the student will be enrolled in any course(s)*.
- Submit the School Counselor’s Approval form to The Cottage School via email or by mailing to: The Cottage School, Attn. Joe Digieso, 700 Grimes Bridge Road, Roswell, Georgia, 30075.
- The Cottage School will submit an Application to the Student.
- The Student will complete and submit the Application one-time Application Fee of $75.00 to The Cottage School via email or US Postal Service.
- Once the Application has been received by The Cottage School, an Enrollment Contract will be issued. The student will indicate, on the Enrollment Contract, the specific course(s)* in which the student desires to enroll.
- Once the Enrollment Contract has been received along with payment for the course(s) the student has elected for enrollment, the Student will be enrolled in the course and be provided with all of the information required to begin accessing the course modules.
- The fee for each semester course is $800.00 and includes all instructional materials, syllabus, time-line guide to ensure successful completion of the course within the traditional summer school program.
- An official transcript with will be provided to students as well as electronically conveyed to the School Counselor.
For additional information, please contact Joe Digieso (678/250-5100) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HS Summer School For Credit On Campus at TCS
The High School Summer Program at The Cottage School offers subjects in the academic core curriculum.
Small classes and experienced teachers provide an opportunity for students to earn one semester (.5 Carnegie Unit) or two semesters. (1 Carnegie Unit) credit.
- Physical Science
- Algebra I and II
- English, all levels
- World History
- American History
Session I 6/10/13—6/28/13 Session II 7/1/13-7/19/13 Hours: 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Tuition: $1,000 per session Application Fee: $75.00
For information call 770/641-8688Click here to Pay Fees & Tuition
Speech Language Services
Diagnostic evaluations and treatment in articulation, phonology, oral motor, oral and written language and mild voice fluency are offered by a Speech Language Pathologist. For additional information, contact 770/641-8688.
OT W.I.N.™ Write Incredibly Now™
Our United States Trademarked Handwriting Program This handwriting course is dedicated to enhancing bright children’s written communication skills. Led by a registered and licensed occupational therapist from Children’s Special Services, LLC. Goals of the program will be to:
- Get homework done more easily
- Become more fluid with written tasks
- Develop more task time efficiency
- Decrease resistance to written assignments.
- Increase legibility
- Increase written communication skills
Work on fine motor skills such as:
- Develop in-hand manipulation and fine motor skills necessary for handwriting
- Enhance functional pencil grip
- Improve letter formation and directionality in writing
- Develop spacing and line awareness in writing
- Develop postural control and stability necessary for handwriting
Occupational Therapy program is provided by a licensed OT from
Children’s Special Services, LLC 7501 Auden Trail Atlanta, GA 30350 770-394-9791 (Fax) 770-394-7803
For additional information about our program or tutoring opportunities for your student, please contact: 770/641-8688.
Tutoring, Enrichment, SAT/ACT Test Strategies
Tutorial Assistance for Elementary, Middle, High School Students, and College Students. $65 an hour. SAT/ACT Test Taking Strategies
SAT/ACT Test Taking Strategies
MS and HS Enrichment includes homework, organization, study strategies/enrichment.
Call for details: 770/641-8688.
Project Work provides job readiness and life skills, including computer training, career exploration, resume preparation, field trips, meal preparation, and more. Project Work is a three-week program in June. Scholarships available to students in Fulton County Districts 3/4 who have a learning disability or financial need. Funding provided in part by the Fulton County Board of Commissioners under the guidance of the Housing and Human Services Grants Program.
Scholarships available for or students with a learning disability or a financial need in Fulton County districts 3 & 4. Learn skills that will help you get your first job, while you have a great time learning to work as a team. Students Grades 7-12* Where: The Cottage School in Roswell When: June 4 to June 22, 2012 M – F From: 8:30 a.m. 2:30 p.m $1,000 inclusive for three-week camp. Activities:
- Career Exploration
- Trips and speakers
- Computer Training
- Resume writing
- Food Preparation- Planning, shopping and cooking
- Communication Skills- Verbal and Nonverbal
- Athletics – Volleyball, Soccer, Softball and Swimming
Sign up for Project Work
After School Credit
- Math, All Subjects
- English (9-12)
- Social Studies
- World History
- US History
- Economics/Political Science
- Science – All sciences
- Foreign Languages – Spanish, French
- Application: $75
- Tuition: $1000 per 1/2 carnegie $2000 for a full carnegie
Utilizing an Individualized Educational Plan, diagnostic reports, and career testing, CAPstone staff members create an academic, vocational and life-skills curriculum that prepares the client for the next step in their educational/career plans. Clients participate in computer, textbook, and hands-on activities that assist with the completion of a high school diploma or GED and the enhancement of the skills required for successful college performance and/or job placement. A continuum of services provides an extended model from assessment to specific skill mastery.
Clients enrolled in the CAPstone program wishing to complete high school or to prepare for college participate in an academic program that is tailored to their specific needs and includes study skills, time management and advocacy training, as well as mastery of the subject matter. Joint enrollment at local colleges offers an opportunity to ease into the college experience while receiving support from the CAPstone staff.
Clients seeking assessment and training to increase job skills participate in a variety of job specific duties in areas such as janitorial, clerical, and landscaping fields. Comprehensive Vocational Evaluations, Work Evaluations and training in job readiness and work literacy are all components of the daily curriculum.
Available year-round. Call for details. 770/641-8688
Career Assessment / WorkKeys®
The WorkKeys system assesses abilities to learn, listen, communicate, work in teams, and problem solve—all of which are important assets for any worker, regardless of career choice. The WorkKeys job analysis and profiling component offers a concrete way for students to perform individual career searches in a guided and educated manner. WorkKeys enables both teachers and students to identify skill gaps and guide training decisions to improve individual abilities.